Thursday 16 July 2015

Day 16

The first year is nearly up.
First birthday alone. First Christmas alone.

Slowly coming to terms with it all.
Things are going back to normal.
I still have exams to do, athletics to compete in.
Sport has become my salvation. If im not running, Im doing Martial Arts.

I need to say Thank You to so many people at school.
Even if they didnt say anything, they still had an impact on me.

A card!  That will work. Simple, to the point.
A Thank You card from My family to all those that sent their best during this trying time.

Some asked Why?  after a year did I say Thank You.  Others (that got it), just said 'Thank you' themselves for the card. 'Happy to help'.

Why did I wait a year??? It took that long to get out of the initial darkness. That all encompassing fog that covered my brain.  I can safely say that I learnt nothing at school that year. I remember very little.
I had a big bike accident once. Decided to use my face as a break. While at my Nan's I thought about what Michelle was going to say once I got to school. I was about to shout out to my Nan this statement, but inside something was telling me that it didn't sound right?!  Something strange stopped me from telling my Nan I couldn't wait to talk to Michelle.
Later I found out I had a nasty concussion. (that would explain why I couldn't remember the full walk to my Nan's house). Hmm! the brain has a weird way of protecting you.

But things are becoming clearer.
The first step in what will no doubt be a long journey.

T+M

No comments:

Post a Comment